The different types of doctors involved in Atrial Fibrillation are:

Primary Care Physician- A primary care physician is often the first point of contact for many patients. They practice general medicine, perform check-ups, and provide routine medical care. They may be involved in the diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation.

Cardiologist-A cardiologist specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of the cardiovascular system. Cardiologists often refer patients to electrophysiologists and are often involved in management of Atrial Fibrillation.

Interventional Cardiologist-An interventional cardiologist performs non-invasive procedures needed by heart patients and treats patients who are dealing with coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, and peripheral vascular disease. Some patients may see an interventional cardiologist if they have heart problems in addition to their Atrial Fibrillation.

Electrophysiologist-An electrophysiologist is a cardiologist with extensive training in heart arrhythmias. They specialize in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of heart arrhythmias, including Atrial Fibrillation. Electrophysiologists are the recommended cardiologist to perform a catheter ablation procedure.

Find a Doctor Near You

Take control today!
Talk to a heart arrythmia specialist about
your options.

Find a Doctor